Welcome to Start Gate
Start Gate is the website for all students and adults attending Winter Park Ski-Music Festival where you will individually register online.
Before you get started on your required individual online registration, We have listed several important festival topics that everyone attending festival should know about.
All of these topics have a web link to open so the information can be viewed, or even printed for future reference. Anyone can return to this START GATE page anytime to view these festival topics again.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to COVID-19 Winter Park Resort has released the following in regards to Vaccination and Mask Policy:
“Currently, Winter Park Resort does not require proof of vaccination to stay in our lodging, eat in our restaurants or play on our mountain. However, we do require unvaccinated guests to wear masks indoors in any of our buildings, including bars and restaurants until seated. We’re encouraging all guests, regardless of vaccination status, wear masks indoors as well.
While we will not be asking for proof of vaccination, we do ask that all guests follow the honor code and mask appropriately to help protect all guests, employees and our community.”
3 recreation activities are available for you to choose from, when you register online. You will be asked to select only ONE of the available activities:
- Downhill skiing at Winter Park Resort
- Downhill snowboarding at Winter Park Resort
- Non-ski mountain activities at Winter Park Resort
Some music directors or trip organizers may prohibit a particular activity for their group members to choose.
Since this is such an important, and financially sensitive decision to be made, we want every adult and student (and student’s parent) to know all the details about each of these activities.
CLICK HERE for a detailed description of the three different recreation activities offered for you to choose between. This is a mandatory read for all trip attendees!
CLICK HERE for several important rules and tips while you are on the mountain if you choose to ski or snowboard.
CLICK HERE for the festival’s suggested list of clothing and accessories to bring with you to Winter Park.
CLICK HERE for the festival’s tips on understanding, detecting and avoiding Altitude Sickness while in Winter Park.
Other festival topics to review:
- Festival Shirts, Patches, Beanies, Caps and Stickers
- Site Maps around Winter Park, Snow Mountain Ranch, and Performance Site
- Information about each festival participant’s Travel Protection Plan
- Information for the director, but also shared with interested students and adults, regarding topics such as lift cards, ski lift hours, meeting times, equipment rentals, what to expect with ski and snowboard lessons, arriving at resort for lessons, entering lessons, after lessons, locker rentals, and large locker rentals for overnight storage
- Winter Park Resort’s Winter Safety page
If you are a student percussionist with any type of instrumental ensemble, take a look at what percussion equipment we provide, and what we don’t provide. Click Here to view. This is a back up if your director has not informed you of these details.
If you have reviewed and understand all of the above important festival topics,
and are now ready to begin your online registration,
Error: No feed found.
Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to create a feed.