CLICK HERE to view a PDF showing PLAN HIGHLIGHTS of the Student Protection Plan, as published by the plan provider*
*the festival is purchasing the Student Protection Plan at a $0 Trip Cost only, on behalf of all registered festival participants. This helps provide “post departure” coverage, meaning after a group’s departure to attend the festival, and during their trip only. Trip Cancellation benefits and “Cancel for any Reason” benefits are not available with a Student Protection Plan. Trip Interruption benefits are limited to $500 return air only.
7.1 Travel Protection Plan
- Winter Park Ski-Music Festival will purchase on behalf of all registered festival participants, a limited benefit Student Protection Plan, which helps provide post departure coverage. This plan helps protect participants after departure and during their trip, by offering benefits for specific travel incidents, such as:
- trip interruption
- travel delay
- missed connections
- baggage delay
- accident & sickness medical expenses
- emergency evacuation & repatriation
Please note and review the several General Limitations and Exclusions with Student Protection Plans, as listed in the Plan Highlights (link above), and the Plan Document (provided after March 8, 2019), including the Pre-Existing Conditions exclusion.
- The plan helps protect each registered festival participant beginning after a group’s trip departure and during their trip only. Therefore- the listed School Departure and School Return dates and times within the TRIP INFO report (can be viewed by each group director within WPSMF Online) should be reviewed carefully for a group’s travel protection plan coverage dates. (if applicable, see Groups with Covered Participants Traveling on other Dates & Times section below)
- After the festival purchases the travel protection plans on behalf of each registered festival participant, after March 8, 2019, each group director will be provided with both a Group Leader Manifest (listing all group members a travel protection plan was purchased on behalf of) and a state specific Plan Document (essentially a description of coverage). Each group director is then responsible to deliver, forward, and/or provide this information, however they choose, to each festival participant, and/or parents/guardians of festival participants under 18 years of age. With all festival participants, and/or their parents having all plan information, and contact methods surrounding the travel protection plan, they will then assume responsibility for initiating or filing of claim reimbursement, and/or direct communication with the plan provider for any reason.
- The festival encourages for every group director to read the Plan Highlights (link above) and Plan Document(provided after March 8, 2019). Any group director is welcome to contact the festival office for general questions about the travel protection plan we purchase on behalf of their registered members. However, the festival is only the purchaser of the travel protection plans, and we will likely consult with the plan provider before giving any type of unofficial response to the group director. We suggest contacting the plan provider directly (telephone number and website address listed on both the Plan Highlights and Plan Document) for specific questions, for an official response.
- Since the festival purchases this travel protection on behalf of every registered festival participant, it is important for all expected festival attendees to register in a timely manner, by the Final Payment deadline date. *Please note that late enrolled festival participants, may result in late fees being charged by the festival. (see sections below)
- Notice the festival uses the term “registered festival participant” throughout this entire Travel Protection Plan narrative? If for any reason, a person traveling to the festival with an attending group is not registered with the festival (registered = completed WPSMF Online registration, and listed as a current attendee within WPSMF Online), that unregistered person will not have Travel Protection Plan coverage to help them. If a group, or group director fails to notify the festival of any additional persons attending the festival, for any reason, the festival has no way of knowing these persons are attending, and therefore will not purchase a travel protection plan on their behalf.
- The festival’s perspective surrounding travel protection plans, and a group’s decision to cancel their trip: The festival is purchasing the Travel Protection Plan on behalf of a group’s registered festival participants, which helps provide coverage once the trip has departed. Again, a trip cancellation benefit is not available with this plan. Benefits with the Student Protection Plan do not begin any type of coverage until a group legitimately departs for their planned destination.
- The festival’s perspective about a group’s decision to not continue with their planned travel: Trip Interruption and Travel Delay benefits may help provide coverage reimbursement (see Plan Highlights and Plan Document for coverage definitions) for specific travel incidents, up to maximum benefit amounts. But the festival wants to emphasize that the trip cancellation benefit “Cancel for any Reason” benefit is not available with this plan. Therefore, fear or unwillingness to continue travel, will likely not be an eligible reason for the plan provider to reimburse any paid costs. A group director will most definitely need to contact the plan provider anytime there is any question regarding their group’s decision to not continue with their planned travel. Furthermore, the festival is unable to refund any paid monies, if the festival is not attended by a group for any reason. There may be some eligible festival components that could be partially refunded by the festival, to a group, if unused. But these could only be a small portion of the overall festival package cost for each attendee. A claim will need to be submitted to the travel protection plan provider for situations resulting in eligible trip interruption or delay. The festival highly suggests for the group to continue with their travel to Winter Park immediately after a travel delay or travel interruption, and take advantage of any portion of the remaining trip. Your decision to not travel further, because of your own reasons, may exclude your members from receiving travel protection benefits, and exclude your members from receiving any non-refundable trip components the festival has planned for your group.
7.2 Payment of Travel Incidents
- If any injury or sickness should occur to a festival participant while traveling to and from the festival destination, or during the festival event- all payments for medical services will be made by that participant, your group, or another group member, directly to the medical service provider. It is recommended that such payments be made by check or credit card so evidence of payment may be more easily provided when filing a claim for reimbursement. Be sure to keep all medical services paperwork/receipts since they will be needed by the travel protection plan provider when filing a claim. Some medical service providers may allow for their services to be billed afterwards.
- If any travel interruption or travel delay were to occur with a group, any payments to cover local transportation to continue travel to the festival destination, or any payments to cover reasonable additional expenses incurred for meals and lodging, will be made by your participants, group, or a group member directly to the providers. It is recommended that such payments be made by check or credit card so evidence of payment may be more easily provided when filing a claim for reimbursement. Be sure to keep all paperwork/receipts since they will be needed by the travel protection plan provider when filing a claim.
7.3 Filing a Claim for Reimbursements
- Information for filing a claim can be obtained by contacting the insurance provider or filing online.
Travel Insured International
1-800-243-3174 option 3 (Monday-Friday 8:30 am- 7:30 pm)
- It is the group’s or an individual’s responsibility to contact the travel protection plan provider, to file all claims, and provide all necessary documentation as requested. All claims will be handled directly with the travel protection plan provider. To facilitate more prompt claims settlement- you will be asked to provide receipts for all medical treatment, and/or travel interruption/delay expenses.
- Festival’s note: More than likely, reimbursements will be made out in the name of the traveling person. If the group, group director, or another group member paid for reimbursable expenses of another person, please discuss with the travel protection plan provider how reimbursement(s) should be mailed to the appropriate person or address.
7.4 Groups with Participants Traveling on other Dates & Times
- The festival office should be notified if any registered member(s) are traveling to the festival on different dates, different departure/arrival times or via a different transportation method than listed on the WPSMF Online Trip Info report. This information is important when the festival purchases travel protection plans!
- Example: An adult or group of adults departing the school earlier and/or returning later because they are driving equipment to the festival rather than traveling with the group on a bus. Or- a particular adult is flying rather than traveling on the bus with the group.
7.5 List of Traveling Participants
- The participant names a group director inputs within WPSMF Online will be compiled to create your group’s list of traveling participants. The Final Payment deadline date for having all members’ registration completed, is expected in order for a group’s list of travelers to have travel protection plans purchased on their behalf.
- If an attendee uses their middle name or a nickname rather than their “first” legal name, this other name can be used within WPSMF Online.
- A thought about using nicknames: If any medical treatment were necessary- is a nickname the name that would be used when receiving treatment? Will the travel protection coverage be valid for SPARKY BROWN while all the medical receipts and billings have THEOBALD BROWN listed?
- THE FESTIVAL OFFICE HAS ABSOLUTELY NO WAY OF CHECKING IF THE FESTIVAL PARTICIPANTS’ NAMES ARE SPELLED CORRECTLY FOR TRAVEL PROTECTION COVERAGE. THIS IS EACH GROUP DIRECTOR’S RESPONSIBILITY. On each of your member’s online registration, we asked them to contact their director if their name was listed incorrectly. If a student or adult has indicated such, please login to WPSMF Online using your credentials, within the “Participants” view, click the blue username (far left) of the person whose name needs correction, and correct within the correction box, followed by selecting Save.
7.6 Member Name Exchanges after the Final Payment Due Date
- Whenever a group has member changes after the Final Payment Due Date, a director or travel organizer must contact the festival office to make changes on the WPSMF Online for proper registration of any members that were not previously registered. A director will not be able to make member changes as they were once able to do before the Final Payment Due Date. Why? Because the festival will need to know of any member changes after we have already compiled the previously listed names. An important component of any member change is purchasing travel protection for a newly added person. It is a director’s responsibility to contact the festival office with any known member changes any time after the Final Payment Due Date so that all festival components (lodging, equipment rentals, lessons, and online registration) can be revised as needed, including a travel protection plan purchase.
7.6.1 Member Name Exchanges after the Final Payment Due Date and beforeon March 6, 2020
The Final Date for Travel Protection Name Exchanges (with no additional charge) is Friday March 6, 2020
- As stated in the above 7.6 section, any member changes after the Final Payment Due Date, requires a director or travel organizer to contact the festival office. Besides getting any new members registered, included in rooming list, rental and lesson lists- the festival will also need to purchase travel protection for any newly added or exchanged members, not previously included within WPSMF Online. Most often, member changes will be the exchanging of person names on your Travel Protection List, since there are no attendance decreases/refunds after the Final Payment Due Date, and a group should consider giving someone the benefit of a paid festival package. If festival participants within your group need to be exchanged (one name substituted for another)- there can be a name exchange with no additional charge if received by the festival office on or before March 6, 2020.
- Assume any communication with festival office for a member name exchange has NOT been made until you have received an emailed confirmation of member changes. It is the responsibility of the director to double check a revised Travel Protection Manifest sent by the festival, or request a revised manifest, to make certain that all traveling members are on the manifest.
7.6.2 Member Name Exchanges after March 6, 2020 and up to 72 hours prior to Trip Departure are not possible, but we can ADD a new name to the travel plan manifest with a “late enrollment” fee
- As stated in the above 7.6 section, any member changes after the Final Payment Due Date, requires a director or travel organizer to contact the festival office. Besides getting any new members registered, included in lodging accommodations/rooming list, rental and lesson lists- the festival will also need to purchase travel protection for any new members, not previously included within WPSMF Online.
- If the festival office receives any changes to the festival participants making the trip after March 6, 2020 and 72 hours prior to trip departure– participant names can only be added to the group’s travel protection manifest- even if the new person is taking the place of a previously attending person. Coverage for those persons listed previously within WPSMF Online has already been purchased and cannot be modified. A late enrollment fee of $35.00 per person will be charged.
- Assume any communication with festival office for a member addition has NOT been made until you have received a written or emailed conformation of member changes. It is the responsibility of the director to double check a revised Travel Protection Manifest sent by the festival, or request a revised manifest, to make certain that all traveling members are on the manifest.
- A group will be responsible for paying the festival for any additional fees associated with late enrolled members.
7.6.3 Travel Protection List Additions less than 72 hours from School Departure
- The festival may not be able to add any members to Travel Protection Manifest within 72 hours of a group’s departure. Call the festival office to speak to a representative, but do not assume anyone has been added until an emailed confirmation has been made.
Overnight Lodging Choices and Descriptions
Snow Mountain Ranch Lodge Rooms
- Located 12 miles from Winter Park Ski Resort in beautiful Snow Mountain Ranch (Local ski shuttle does not service Snow Mountain Ranch which requires a group’s own transportation the entire stay)
- Lodge rooms sleep 6 persons. (3 different facilities, each with one of the following: 2 queen beds + pull out sofa, or 2 queen beds + bunk bed, or 2 bunk beds + queen bed) Each room has its own private bath and WIFI. This is a more budget friendly choice IF group chaperones can share rooms with students, or other chaperones
- Similar to a hotel room (without kitchens) with indoor corridors from lobby. Some lodge rooms (2 queen beds + pull out sofa) have mini fridge and small microwave in each room
- Per Person Price based on Maximum Occupancy. $30 empty bed space charge per space per night may apply for adult rooms filled with less than maximum occupancy
- One male student and one female student lodge room allowed with no empty bed space charges
- Enjoy the amenities of Snow Mountain Ranch: huge rec center (court games, roller skating, wall climbing & more),indoor Olympic sized pool, and laundry vending
- Discounted bus driver lodging available for groups staying at Snow Mountain Ranch
- Optional “All You Can Eat” buffet meals can be purchased for an additional cost
- Breakfast – $11 per person per meal + tax
- Lunch $13 per person per meal + tax
- Dinner $16 per person per meal + tax
Snow Mountain Ranch Cabins
- Located 12 miles from Winter Park Ski Resort in beautiful Snow Mountain Ranch (Local shuttle doesn’t service Snow Mountain Ranch which requires a group’s own transportation the entire stay)
- 2 through 8-bedroom cabins that will sleep up to 42 persons- all under one roof for easy chaperoning. Larger groups can use multiple cabins
- Living area, kitchen (prepare own meals), dining area, fireplace, cable TV, Wi-Fi, and grill for the entire group
- Per Person Price based on Minimum Occupancy. $35 empty bed space charge per space per night may apply for cabins filled with less than minimum occupancy. Ask festival staff about cabin sizes and min/max occupancies
- Enjoy the amenities of Snow Mountain Ranch: huge rec center (court games, roller skating, wall climbing & more), indoor Olympic sized pool, and laundry vending
- Discounted bus driver lodging available within nearby lodge rooms for groups staying at Snow Mountain Ranch
Beaver Village Condos
- Located near downtown Winter Park. Walk into town, ride the free ski shuttle to town, and/or ride the free shuttle to the Winter Park Ski Resort
- Condos sleep 6+ persons within 2 bedrooms and living area. 2 baths in each condo. These multiple bedroom condos will allow chaperoning adults more private separate sleeping space in a condo with students or other adults
- Full kitchens in each condo unit for own meal preparation. Gas fireplaces and Wi-Fi in each condo
- Main building offers an indoor pool, hot tubs, and laundry vending
- Walk or shuttle to local restaurants, shopping, groceries or ski rental shops
Per Person price based on maximum room occupancy. $55 (March) or $45 (April) empty bed space charge per space per night applies for condos filled less than maximum occupancy
- One male student and one female student condo allowed with no empty bed space charges
The Vintage Hotel at Winter Park Resort
- A ski in/out property located just above the ski resort with a quick two- minute, free gondola ride away from Winter Park Ski Resort base, slopes and Resort Village.
- Studios sleep 4 persons. Two double beds with no separate bedrooms
- Each studio condo has a gas fireplace, cable TV and Wi-Fi
Kitchenette (convection microwave, 2 burner stove, undercounter fridge & dish washer) for preparing meals
- Ski rentals from ski resort with convenient overnight storage at the ski base
- Outdoor pool, hot tub, game room and workout facility
- Conference/meeting rooms possibly available
- Ski shuttle service available to and from town of Winter Park for shopping and groceries
Per Person price based on maximum room occupancy. $53 (March) or $40 (April) empty bed space charge per space per night applies for all condos filled less than maximum occupancy
Fraser Crossing/Founders Point Condos at Winter Park Resort
- A ski-in/out property located directly across the street from Winter Park Resort base- just a short walk to the lifts
- Most condos are either studio or one-bedroom condos that sleep 4 persons. A very limited number of two bedrooms (sleep 6) are available
- All condos have either kitchenettes or full kitchens for preparing meals
- Outdoor hot tubs, gas fireplaces, cable TV and Wi-Fi
Ski rentals from ski resort with convenient overnight storage at the ski base
- Ski shuttle service available to and from town of Winter Park for shopping and groceries
Per Person price based on maximum room occupancy. $70 (March) or $50 (April) empty bed space charge per space per night applies for all condos filled less than maximum occupancy
Zephyr Mountain Lodge Condos at Winter Park Resort
- A ski-in/out property located directly within the Winter Park Ski Resort Village at the base lifts
- Most condos are one-bedroom condos that sleep 4 persons. A very limited number of two bedrooms (sleep 6) are available
- All condos have full kitchens for meal preparation
- Outdoor hot tubs, gas fireplaces, cable TV and Wi-Fi
Ski rentals from ski resort with convenient overnight storage at the ski base
Ski shuttle service available to and from town of Winter Park for shopping and groceries
Per Person price based on maximum room occupancy. $80 (March) or $60 (April) empty bed space charge per space per night applies for all condos filled less than maximum occupancy
Overnight Lodging Damage Deposits
Every group must place a credit card damage deposit for the entire group during lodging check-in. The amount is $10 per person, up to a $500 maximum deposit. The damage deposit required at check-in is not included within any payments the festival collects from a group prior to attending the festival. If no lodging damages are incurred, this deposit is refunded, or held funds released.
Now offering seven different lodging options for your group to choose from. We offer cabins, lodge rooms, and condos in order to fit any travel budget and need.
Every package includes a choice between one recreation activity: skiing, snowboarding, downhill tubing, gondola rides, snowcat tours, or snowshoe tours.
Groups compete against same school size, ensemble type and level. Comments and ratings are provided by 3 recognized and experienced adjudicators.
Awards and Street Dance
Each festival week concludes with an exciting outdoors awards ceremony and DJ’d Street Dance at the base of Winter Park Resort.
Groups can choose to stay 2,3, or 4 nights with seven different lodging options. Plan to arrive and depart on days your travel schedule allows, providing you with the utmost amount of travel flexibility.
Participation in performance
Groups will compete each week with institutions of similar size and performance skill. A panel of three respected adjudicators will provide constructive feedback and score the competing groups. Each festival week ends with a highly energetic awards ceremony and DJ’d street dance.
Choice of ONE recreation activity
Every registered participant will choose between 4 days of skiing or snowboarding (including lift card, equipment rental & beginner lesson) or the ability to trade in vouchers to participate in one of our non-ski activities: downhill tubing, gondola rides, snowcat tours, and snowshoe tours.
Travel protection plan
WPSMF will purchase on behalf of every registered participant, a limited benefit, “Post Departure Travel Protection Plan.” Additional trip cancelation/protection insurance can be secured through a third-party supplier.
Resources for Registered Groups
Is a website dedicated specifically for the directors of our registered groups. This online resource contains all the festival information regarding their trip. For example, you can view trip information reports, adjust attendance counts and build group rooming lists. Ski Locker also allows Directors to monitor the progress of their student’s individual online registration in Start Gate.
Is the online portal for all students and adults registered to attend the festival. Participants can learn more about their recreation options, suggested clothing/items to pack and helpful information to prevent altitude sickness. All attending students and adults will be required to read WPSMF Start Gate topics and individually registering through this portal.
We have teamed up with guidebook to create an app accessible by all registered directors during their time with us at festival. The WPSMF App will allow directors to access all the pertinent information provided on Ski Locker via their smart phone while on the mountain and stay in the know. Important updates and notification to groups will be sent via the app during the festival.
Stay Up To Date With The Latest Updates and Event Info
“The Winter Park Ski-Music Festival has consistently been one of the favorite destinations for my students. The value is incredible, the customer service outstanding, and the musical and social experience for the students is truly exceptional.”
Thomas Rinn, Head Director
Colleyville Heritage High School Choir