Welcome to WPSMF SKI LOCKER!
This contins all Winter Park Ski-Music Festival information for DIRECTORS and TRIP PLANNERS registered to attend the 2021 festival.
It would be useful to save this as a “favorite” web page for quick and easy access. We suggest sharing this page with any adults assisting with your trip plans.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to COVID-19 there are new policy and procedures in place regarding group travel and activities in Colorado. To accommodate these changes we have had to modify several aspects of the festival. In a effort to be as transparent as possibly we have notated these changes by STRIKING THROUGH any text that refers to an aspect which will be different for the 2021 festival year.
WPSMF Information Documents you have already received when learning about the 2021 Winter Park Ski-Music Festival:
If you have registered for the 2021 festival, you should have already viewed at least one of our Information Documents we provided to you via email, regular mail, or personally handed out at conventions. There’s not really a need to re-visit these, but here they are to reference anything you may have seen previously. The festival topics listed further below on this web page, will cover everything listed in these documents, and much, much more!
2021 WPSMF Information (21 pages with festival details) When you registered, you agreed to have read and understood everything in this document
is the web portal for you, your assistant directors, or any adult you gave “administrative privileges” to (when you input the names of your group members). Using the Username and Password emailed, and mailed to you in early December 2021, on the WPSMF Online website, you can view any specific information the festival office has about your group’s festival attendance, including your Billing Invoice (available after December Questionnaire completed), your Trip Information report (available in late January), Rooming List, Music Performance & Equipment Requested information, and administration of all your group’s individual personal registrations.
In early December, we will have emailed and regular mailed instructions for each director to access WPSMF Online, how to enter group member names, and how to print/distribute the Usernames and Passwords for each group member. Click Here to view those instructions again if needed.
WPSMF Start Gate
is the web page all your student and adult group members (and the parents of those members under 18 years of age) will begin for individual registration to attend the festival. You do not need to give the actual (www.winterparkskimusicfestival.com/startgate) web address to your adults and students! If you follow the instructions correctly, of how to print & distribute each person’s username and password, the WPSMF Start Gate web address will already be printed on each piece of paper your adults and students will receive. This web page includes several important topics every festival attendee should know before individually registering online, AND before attending the festival. Once these topics have been reviewed, adults and parents of minor students will then be directed to WPSMF Online, to submit their personal enrollment information.
WPSMF Start Gate contains web links, your students and adults are instructed to read and understand, with information about the following topics:
- Details about each person’s Recreation Choices (important for them to know when choosing just one of the three recreation choices being offered)
- Suggested Clothing and Accessories for recreation
- COVID-19 Updated Policy and Procedures
- Altitude Sickness
- Ski and Snowboard Rules and Tips
- Awards Ceremony and Street Dance (with parking map link)
- Festival Shirts and Patches
- Limited details surrounding our Travel Protection Plans (see below for FULL details directors should view)
- Miscellaneous Resort Topics (ski lift cards, resort hours, meeting times, lessons, locker rentals, arriving at resort. resort meal vouchers)
Directors must discuss all of these Start Gate topics with your trip members in a group setting! As you know, some students and adults may not read these topics as asked when registering, and will need your discussion to ensure topics are understood by everyone. All of the Start Gate topics available to your students and adults when registering, are also listed below within the Festival Information topics with the red web links.
Festival Information topics for directors, trip planners or any adult involved with planning your trip
2 ways to view:
Click on any of the below festival topic links. Directors should reference, and read these entirely well before attending the WPSMF. Viewing these topics may reveal unknown information, and assist with a well planned trip. Select the “PRINT” icon atop of each topic page to have a hard copy during your trip.
All of the below topics will be available through a mobile app, for directors to view during their trip. Instructions to download the app will be provided in February 2021.
- Festival Charges, Payments, Attendance Counts, Cancellations and Refunds
- Music Performances and Performance Site Information
- Awards Ceremony/Street Dance (same information provided to your students and adults when registering through WPSMF Start Gate)
- Directors’ Reception following Awards Ceremony (while street dance continues for your students)
- A map of the Awards/Street Dance/Directors Reception, and bus parking is located below in “maps”
- Recreation Information (all the below links have also been shared to your students and adults when registering through Start Gate) We still encourage you to print these topics, and discuss these with all attending members prior to attending the festival !
- Recreation Choice
- Suggested Clothing and Accessories
- Miscellaneous Recreation Topics (ski lift cards, lift hours, how to approach meeting times, equipment rentals, ski school lessons, locker rentals, resort meal vouchers)
- Skiing and Snowboarding Rules and Safety
- Winter Park Resort’s webpage regarding Safety
- Overnight Lodging Information
- Transportation Information including: discussions every group leader should have with their bus company or transportation provider (experience of drivers, weather travel in Winter Park, can a bus driver alter the trip itinerary, and Colorado’s mandatory tire chain laws). Information about the local free ski shuttle service. Information about hiring buses to the performance site (if needed)
- Travel Protection Plan (already shared in WPSMF Start Gate with your students and adults) Travel Protection Plan (director’s version)
- Medical Information
- Altitude Sickness (already shared in WPSMF Start Gate with your students and adults)
- Emergency Contact Information to have on your trip, and maybe leave a copy behind for your school officials or student’s parents to have?
- All Maps to print and definitely bring with you to Winter Park
- Festival related items directors must to bring to Winter Park
- Official WPSMF T-Shirts/Patches (already shared in WPSMF Start Gate with students and parents)
- Winter Park’s listing of restaurants, and their websites
- COVID-19 questions and updates